Monday, July 25, 2011

Huge Success!!!

Fort Worth Dish Out’s inaugural event, held July 24 at Times Ten Cellars provided an opportunity for lesser known, local service projects to share how they are positively effecting the community.

For $20, more than 150 guests packed the venue, shared a meal and learned more about Project 44, Cuisine for Healing, and the Backpacks for Kids program through the Tarrant Area Food Bank. All three projects involved feeding members of the Fort Worth community in need.

Following a presentation from each project’s representative, guests voted on the project that most inspired them; they also heard from Kevin Buchanan of FortWorthology.com, who spoke about the importance of community action.

The recipient of the most votes, Project 44, received 60 percent of the night’s net proceeds from ticket and T-shirt sales. The remaining 40 percent was split evenly between Cuisine for Healing and the Tarrant Area Food Bank (we later heard TAFB donated their share to Cuisine for Healing).

Like our Facebook page to see photos!

Fort Worth Dish Out events are held on a quarterly basis. The next event will be held on October 23 at Rahr & Sons Brewery.

No comments:

Post a Comment